By: Lindsay Pluger
Whew! STLF has been busy! In just a short 6-week time span we had 15 High School Tours and 27 College Tours traveling across the US, serving communities, and taking action! It’s been so wonderful to hear stories from our students and staff as they come back from Pay It Forward Tours and Celebration Cities with energizing stories about the service they’ve done or the relationships they’ve built along the way.
After a short 2-week break after College Tours we’ve already kicked of our Spring/Summer 2017 Tours with St. Catherine’s High School from Racine, WI. They just got back from serving through Wisconsin, Minnesota and South Dakota! We have 14 more buses hitting the road this summer leaving from various cities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and even Mississippi! If you’re interested in leading or supporting one of these tours check out go.stlf.net/leadit for a complete list of tours or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We couldn’t do what we do without our amazing leaders and participants; we wanted to share some stories from students who participated/led College Pay It Forward Tours this spring:
- “I learned that without even realizing it, my words and actions impact people and have the potential to really change the world." -Hattie, college student 2017
- “Although I was a leader on my bus, I found that I was lead by the participants more than anything. Truly an amazing experience.” college student 2017
- "I learned about myself & self-reflection. I learned about my passions & learning styles. The activities & topics that we discusses are not new topics but rather new conversations that we should have more often. We have more in common than we think." -college student 2017
- "As a senior, I thought I wouldn't really learn much, but I was very wrong! I learned to go with the flow and trust that bus core was taking care of everything. I also learned that no matter where you are in this country, we are all not so different." –Mya, college student, 2017
- "I learned that everyone from other college students to older members of our community has their own story. Know that story will change your perspective." -Taylor, college student, 2017
- “I learned more about myself by reflecting from others. I also learned from others. It's a time when a lot of strangers get so close together. We share, laugh, and love together. We went through pain together too. At the end, we grew together.” -college student, 2017
We can’t wait to share more stories with you from all of our upcoming Pay It Forward Tours! If you have questions about where you can find a Pay It Forward Tour near your school check out our list of tours at stlf.net and typing in your zip code or email email@example.com